Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy New Year everyone

Boy have I got a lot of catching up to do. First of all here are some pics from our last year knit in public get together.

I wasn't able to get online for the whole time I was away.
Frustrating at first but then I learnt to live with it and enjoy all the free time I had to knit.
I started a few new projects even though I bought some wips with me (they didn't even get a look in) I wanted to start knitting my beret with the lovely red Plymoth tweed and start again with the Wine and Roses mittens with the 2ply silk. Unfortunatelly I ran out of the tweed just a few rows off finishing it and I lost count as to how many times I started those mittens and had to untangle that dam 2ply!!!
I did finish a pair of manly fingerless mittens for Pig.....well my mum knitted the second one.
It was her first time using double pointed needles and her first mitten..she was wrapped!

Look at Mutti go!

I found a great wool shop in Sydney, 5o york street. It had your usual labels, Jo Sharp, Debbi Bliss, but there seemed to be more colours and variety.

Some beautiful needles, and accessories. The staff were fun too, I bought 2 balls of sock wool and I'm sure that the woman behind the counter was sad to see them leave as she said they were her favourite.

Stupidly I didn't ask her name but I know she is lurking on Ravelry and said she will poke her nose in on our blog.

Anyway I will see you all next month, Febuary the SECOND.

4 comments:

jen said...

hey! good to hear you're back. what a cute photo of your mum! see you soon

jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blackie said...

sounds like a fun time. I wouldn't mind a knitting holiday myself.

gemma said...

It was probably Kris, known as the Web Goddess. She is a star and the most helpful lady in yarn I know.